Date: 12th May, 2019
Venue: Nustreams Event Centre
- Ayoola Falola
- Olabamiji Mayowa
- Adebowale Adeyele
- The meeting started around 5:10pm with greetings from Mr Ayoola.
- Mr Ayoola spoke extensively about the urgent need for us to change strategies in the running of the PageCarton Brand. In his words, he said we need to place more value on the PageCarton brand. He also mentioned the fact that we need to create and maintain the business side of PageCarton in order to sustain the PageCarton brand itself. He also stated that we cant possibly sustain PageCarton activities and programs with free programs. We need to place value on those programs in order to sustain our activities.
- Mr Ayoola also discussed his ideas on how PageCarton can be more viable and how PageCarton can work better. He suggested PageCarton should have some paid employees which would be saddled with field activities (PageCarton Events) of PageCarton. He mentioned that, whatever money generated from PageCarton Events will be used in the payment of such paid employees of PageCarton.
- Mr Mayowa explained how much efforts he is putting into making sure PageCarton gets more users and also more members for the community. He talked about his plans on engaging students of The Polytechnic Ibadan and other tertiary institution in Oyo State.
- Mr Adebowale raised the need for the PageCarton Program calendar to be updated and possibly trimmed down to major monthly and annual events. He also raised the need for us as Managers to kick-start plans for the 2019 PAGECARTON CONFERENCE as soon as possible. He said a planning committee and sub-committees needs to be set up for the PageCarton Conference as soon as possible in order to improve on what we achieved during the maiden edition of the PageCarton Conference.
- Mr Adebowale then suggested we have to prioritize the PageCarton Programs.
- All members present then agreed that we must put in more work and efforts to the monthly PageCarton BootCamps and the secondary school programs in order to get more participants for the PageCarton Conference.
- Mr Ayoola announced to the meeting that he has already made contact with Government College Ibadan to take the first secondary school training there. The PageCarton Secondary school programs will therefore have its pilot program at the Government College Ibadan which the date will be announced as soon as possible.
- Mr Mayowa gave us the detailed report of the last FUTA Outreach and the meeting reviewed the report adequately. In the review of the report, it was stated that Mr Mayowa still need to be reimbursed with the sum of 18,000 naira being part of the expenses he incurred during the FUTA Outreach. Fortunately, Mr Ayoola weighed in to make a promise to pay a substantial part of the money, while he appealed to all other managers to also make their own contributions (no matter how little) so as to offset the debt as quickly as possible.
- Every member present at the meeting agreed that we make the PageCarton Managers meeting a monthly meeting so as to make every manager work more smarter and faster and also to put a face to every word we express on our Whatsapp group.
- The meeting was adjourned till 9th June, 2019.
- The Meeting ended at exactly 7pm and thereafter, we proceeded to have some refreshments.
Presented By: Adebowale Adeyele (General Secretary)