Welcome ,
  1. Home
  2. Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin?

Support Forum

Report Issue Ask a question Request a feature Post a topic All Categories

When posting a new question, please consider the following:

Question

Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin?

11 months ago Posted By isaac daramola174 views in How to Share

My host is giving me issues. Always having errors that takes time to resolve.  Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin

• Ayoola Falola
    11 months ago
    Yes. Theres a way to back up.

"/pagecarton/sites/" outside your web root in a PageCarton installation contains all your site needs to function correctly.

So all you need to back up is to copy the contents of it and put it in the "sites" directory of the another pagecarton installation
    • isaac daramola
      10 months ago
      I did copy my sites to another site, but could not login again.

When I realized that I could not login, I deleted the localuser file so that I could do personalisation. But everytime I submitted the personalizer form, it will return the form empty. The I just gave up on it. Please I need help.
      • Ayoola Falola
        10 months ago
        It appears that you didn't set the right permissions on the newly copied files.

The user running the webserver must have read and write access to all the files in the PageCarton directory.

Find out what system user your webserver is running on, its usually www-data, apache, nginx or

and put the following command on your terminal as root.

$ chown -hR www-data:www-data pagecarton/sites
        • isaac daramola
          10 months ago

When I realized that I could not login, I deleted the localuser file so that I could do personalisation. But everytime I submitted the personalizer form, it will return the form empty. The I just gave up on it. Please I need help.
          • Ayoola Falola
            10 months ago
            Kindly follow the instructions above to set the correct file permissions.
            • isaac daramola
              10 months ago

• isaac daramola
                10 months ago
                This doesn't work on Nginx
                • Ayoola Falola
                  10 months ago
                  This is not webserver specific. This should work on any webserver including nginx