Welcome ,
  1. Home
  2. Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin?

Support Forum

Report Issue Ask a question Request a feature Post a topic All Categories

When posting a new question, please consider the following:

Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin?

My host is giving me issues. Always having errors that takes time to resolve.  Is there away I can backup without the PC-Admin

• Ayoola Falola
    5 yrs ago
    Yes. Theres a way to back up.

"/pagecarton/sites/" outside your web root in a PageCarton installation contains all your site needs to function correctly.

So all you need to back up is to copy the contents of it and put it in the "sites" directory of the another pagecarton installation
    • isaac daramola
      5 yrs ago
      I did copy my sites to another site, but could not login again.

When I realized that I could not login, I deleted the localuser file so that I could do personalisation. But everytime I submitted the personalizer form, it will return the form empty. The I just gave up on it. Please I need help.
      • Ayoola Falola
        5 yrs ago
        It appears that you didn't set the right permissions on the newly copied files.

The user running the webserver must have read and write access to all the files in the PageCarton directory.

Find out what system user your webserver is running on, its usually www-data, apache, nginx or

and put the following command on your terminal as root.

$ chown -hR www-data:www-data pagecarton/sites
        • isaac daramola
          5 yrs ago

When I realized that I could not login, I deleted the localuser file so that I could do personalisation. But everytime I submitted the personalizer form, it will return the form empty. The I just gave up on it. Please I need help.
          • Ayoola Falola
            5 yrs ago
            Kindly follow the instructions above to set the correct file permissions.
            • isaac daramola
              5 yrs ago

• isaac daramola
                5 yrs ago
                This doesn't work on Nginx
                • Ayoola Falola
                  5 yrs ago
                  This is not webserver specific. This should work on any webserver including nginx

← Previous "Website redirecting to index.php""Database locations" Next →

Similar Question

Admin Cant log in Photo

Admin Cant log in

Admin can't log in to their website back end after i new site was created.. on another server

Issue

How to hide section Photo

How to hide section

How do i hide a section from a log out user.. for example i will not want a log out user to access a form i uploaded to my webiste..

Question

Could not Log in After succesfully installation Photo

Could not Log in After succesfully installation

Issue

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная Photo

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная

Instead of Russian words in Cyrillic in the code displays this Главная

Issue

I can not create a page in Russian in Cyrillic Photo

I can not create a page in Russian in Cyrillic

Can't create a page in Russian in Cyrillic shows an error. Then create the English page is created but then have to rename Russian to Cyrillic.

Issue

Couldn't  create first user account during installation Photo

Couldn't create first user account during installation

While installing pc I descovered the first account creation form did not appear. Then I continued the installation. But there is not way form me to login since I couldn't create the first user ...

Issue